Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Meaning

The main purpose of this blog is to allow myself a place to speak out. Like a diary. I don't have any other agenda. I just want to talk, I mean write. Mostly to give me a space to question my thoughts.

My son, who is 2 years and 7 months, doesn't speak with words although he does communicate. He points to, pulls and pushes me to get what he needs. However, this situation has/is making me re-think all I know. I question my thinking one hundred or one million times a day.

He should be speaking turns around (almost immediately, which may not be very helpful) into I should be speaking and communicating more effectively and do I? And, how do I feel when I think he should be speaking? Where does it feel in my body? It feels in my heart and I begin imagining he will never speak. Then, I realize how untrue is this thought. He will be who he is with or without my approval.

1 comment:

kate hopper said...

Way to go, Ines! I'm so glad you are blogging. I'll add you to my blogroll as soon as I get a chance!!